These guidelines are for authorized distributors, resellers, or any other entities authorized (the “User”) to use Company’s trademarks, trade names or logos (the "Trademarks"). If no-cooperation or disregard to the Trademarks Usage Guidelines you will be responsible for acting against WACACO Brand and Products images. A non exhaustive list of the Trademarks is available in Schedule 1.
A. Authorized use
- Use of the Trademarks must be limited to the manner prescribed in the Trademark Usage Guidelines.
- Use of the Trademarks must be for the purpose of truthfully advising end-customers that the User sell authorized, genuine/non-counterfeit Company Products. The referenced Products must be in stock and available for purchase through the Users.
- Always use the Brand Trademarks to define who the manufacturer of the products is. For example, “Minipresso GR by WACACO® is a portable espresso machine”, not “Minipresso GR is a portable espresso machine”.
- The Brand Trademarks should appear in all caps.
- The use of the Trademarks must not be detrimental to the integrity, reputation, or goodwill of the brand or of the Company.
- The use of the Trademark on a website or in advertising/promotional materials must be smaller than the use of the User’s own name and logo or surrounding names and logos.
- All Trademarks use must make it clear that Company is the source of the product offering, and that the User is independent from the Company. All Trademarks use should be secondary to and significantly less prevalent than the authorized reseller’s or distributor’s own branding and logos, and limited to what is necessary to promote Company’s products and not the User’s own products or services generally.
- Trademarks use should include proper trademarks marking (see below for examples). When the Trademark is used repeatedly in a document, marking should be used at least on the first use of the Trademark and on each separate page or section.
- All permissible uses of the Trademarks must be accompanied by a trademark ownership statement. The following language is appropriate:
*[TRADEMARK] is a trademark of Wacaco Company Limited, Hong Kong, and is used for reference purposes only.”
- Examples of permissible uses of Trademarks, if the statements are truthful, include:
*We are an independent reseller of the Minipresso GR by WACACO®.
*[DISTRIBUTOR], official distributor of the Minipresso GR by WACACO®.
B. Unauthorized Use
- Do NOT alter the Trademarks from their original form, for example, the addition of hyphens or spaces to a word mark, creation of unauthorized acronyms, or alteration of any stylized or design format is unauthorized, e.g., MINI ESPRESSO instead of Minipresso.
- Do NOT use the Trademarks as part of your company name or product name, e.g., “Barry’s Minipresso”, “Minipresso France”, “Wacaco France”…
- Do NOT use the Trademark in a plural or possessive form. For example, “Minipresso GR by WACACO® is…”, not “Wacaco’s minipresso GR is…”. Company’s full corporate names can be used in possessive form, e.g., Wacaco Company Limited’s.
- Do NOT use any Trademark as your domain name or part of your domain name. If the User applies for or registers any Trademark or domain name in breach of this Article, it shall transfer it to the Company on demand.
- Do NOT use any Trademark or variation thereof as a “favicon” or web browser or shortcut icon, including but not limited to any favicon used by Company.
- Do NOT copy the overall look and feel of a Company website or promotional materials.
- Do NOT use any Trademark in a manner that states or implies that you or your company are affiliated with the Company or its affiliates, or that your products or services are approved or sponsored by the Company.
- Do NOT use the Trademark in connection with any third-party mark, logo, design, or name in a manner that could cause confusion among end-consumers as to the association of the parties or their products or services.
For example when advertising about the Minipreso NS or Nanopresso NS Adapter, it’s forbidden to use any Nespresso® logos, trademarks or tradedress. You can only use such writting form:
for NS Capsules*
*NS CAPSULES refers to Nespresso®** Original capsules and compatibles.
** Nespresso® is a third-party brand with no link to Wacaco Company Limited.
- Do NOT use any of the Trademarks in a manner that would disparage the Company, its affiliates, or any of their products or services.
- Do NOT license the use of the Trademarks.
- The User shall not be permitted to print, post or otherwise use letterhead, calling cards, literature, signage or other representations in the name of the Company (or any of its affiliates) or to represent itself as the Company (or any of its affiliates) or make commitments on behalf of the Company (or any of its affiliates).
Nanopresso NS Adapter
Nanopresso Barista Kit
B. Logo Guidelines